Saturday, November 15, 2014

YOU GUYS.  JANE IS IN LABOR. I REPEAT, JANE IS HAVING A HUMAN RIGHT NOW!!!!

Jane and my brother Tarzan have been married for 13 fabulous years, and now it's a party of 3 with Cheeta!!!!!  Guys, she's so level headed and pragmatic, and she's taken all of this in serious stride. Luckily, Tarzan and I are a lot more hysterical, because I think this occasion calls for some serious hysterics. I hope he's totally freaking out right now!  I totally would be but I'm typing this in bed and the husband is asleep but still snuggling me -and he's a light sleeper, so I have to be still. But still!!!!  THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!

I was going to try and pontificate and be less mopey, but I can't do anything justice given the present news. Today deserves fireworks!!!  Instead, I'll offer up these two miracles:  



All of the sudden, this boy who was unable to hold a pencil last year, has developed the muscles and confidence to start writing. Just trying to write his name would send him over the edge because his hands didn't have the dexterity or strength.  Yesterday I saw him writing on his own and tried to act calm, but then I saw he was writing a comic!!  I asked him to tell me the story before he forgot so I could write it in and  cherish this moment foreverandeverandeverandevereverever.  

He's used up so much paper in the last 24 hours é, but my practical, non- wasting side has taken a vacay and hysterical me is having a field day. The Dude CANZ!!

I woke up yesterday sobbing and just laid in the floor, totally overwhelmed by the task of raising him. But then, these things happen. He is so, so special. 

I can do this. At least he has style!

Good luck atarzanvwbf kavtx

5 comments:

kimbo said...

I'M SO HAPPY!!! That's kinda weird since I don't know her and all, but whatever. SO exciting!!!

kimbo said...

Also, The Dude's drawings are awesome. So happy for him, for you, and for us to get to see such awesomeness. Yay!

heidi said...

Oh for the love of holding a pencil. I get that. Congratulations, mom!

Miss D said...

SHE'S IN LABOR???? OMGOSH I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY FOR HER!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane said...

Oh he totally was! He just didn't tell me he was until yesterday because he wanted to be strong for me.
(Jeepers I am a bucket of tears these days...)
Thanks for the good wishes and thoughts and whoa on the comics!! Nicely done Dude.
Sometimes it all works out even when we don't understand how it possibly can.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...