Monday, October 20, 2008

Heeeere's the 28th year of my life in list form.

It’s a nice tradition, although I’ve never ben this late before - it’s my annual What-I-Did-This-Year Recap!! - now entering its 8th year?  Good golly!  For the voyers out there who want to see what an actual interesting year was like (I seem to have slowed compared to years past) - you can check out my 22nd birthday, my 23rd birthday, my 24th birthday, my 25th birthday, my 26th birthday, my 27th birthday and my 28th.


  • Spent Thanksgiving with my family in Colorado.
    • Our family lost Megan (Quinn’s wife) and WT and I flew back to CO for the funeral.  Very painful time for all of us.

    • WT got stomach flu at the funeral, then almost EVERYONE got it.  Sick and in mourning - we were quite a pathetic crew.

    • Even gave it to our family when we flew back in GA on Christmas Eve - Christmas was a wash this year.

    • Hit the 3 year mark with SexyHusband.

    • Continued to teach violin as usual.

    • Had a visit from my mom!!

    • Attempted to coordinate an outfit for my band’s St. Patty’s gigs with this accessory:



  • Switched blog to Tumblr and looove it.  Diaryland was sweet, Blogger is useful - Wordpress just confuses me - but Tumblr is juuuuuuust right:)

  • Had a awesome spring recital with my students.

  • Played a faaabulous festival with my trio, Tres de Solei.

  • Took WT to LA for the Sibling Reunion - beach, siblings and watched her fall in love with my mom and her sister - best trip ever!!

  • Put on a week-long music camp and survived.

  • Recorded an album that I’m super proud of.

  • Crazy month of out-of-town gigs.

  • Headed to Austin to consider a move there (that was the looming freakout I’ve been alluding to) - it’s looking less likely, but there’s still a chance… but having a weekend to fly alone with SexyHusband was an amazing treat.

  • Headed to Kentucky for a weekend visiting all my new nephews and a niece - care of my wonderful sister-in-law’s sister (that technically makes her my sister:)

  • Celebrated WT’s 2nd birthday!  I started the year with her just being able to walk - and now she can sing, recite the alphabet, count forwards and backwards to 20, open anything that she’s not supposed to and now is half potty trained, woohoo!

….All in all, the year seems incredibly sparse compared to years past, but about half of it was all in a haze, trying to deal with Megan’s death.  It wasn’t until June that I started feeling like I could think clearly again, and it was all I could do to keep the daily routine up.  I’m thankful for a calm year - many on this earth don’t ge the luxury of a quiet, comfortable existance and I know how blessed I am.


Although looking at that list.. I’m gonna try to add a wee bit o’ color to the next year. ;)

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...