Saturday, December 26, 2009

formspring.me


What is your favorite word and your least favorite word?


I don’t think I’ve ever decided on a specific loved/hated words, so don’t take too much stock in this. I don’t like the word “moist.” And I’ve been trying to get “heckerdoodles” to catch on… hasn’t… wonder why?



What’s for dinner? What should I make for dinner? I’m running out of ideas.


I only make food with one or two steps. It might be laziness, but the more steps, the more chances I have to screw it up. We had Cobb salads for dinner - husband rocks those. He kind of rocks food, so I don’t know why it’s still officially my job. Watching him and WonderGirl trying to choke down my food is kind of demoralizing.

BUT! What I suggest as my favorite fallback is tacos, ala the Deceptively Delicious book (LOOOVE that) - you cook the lb. of meat with the taco seasoning, but then add a can of crushed tomatoes and a 1/2 cup of pureed carrot (I have a few frozen bags on hand at all times). It makes the meat sooo much more flavorful, and expands the meal size. Then with the leftovers, we take a tube of refrigerated biscuits, flatten one out and put a bit of meat in the center with a few bits of corn and cheese, fold it over and pinch the ends together, repeat, and cook ‘em. We call them “taco pockets” though it works with leftover sloppy joes too.

Ooo, lookit me being all domestic!! Don’t ask me for another meal idea. I think I just blew a head gasket coming up with that much.




Ask me anything

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who and where to condense this summer on furlough, portion your information.

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...