Monday, December 28, 2009

THE musak

After Christmas I don’t have too much time to get the winter doldrums because the next thing comes up in mid-january - my wedding anniversary.  And I have that silly habit of making a video of the year with pictures and music and junk.  I’m not fantastic at it, but it makes me all happy and focused so I don’t notice it’s all gloomy out.  At least until mid January, and then I have to drag myself twards Valentine’s Day.  Dang I hate the winter.


Anywho, one important part of the project is finding the perfect song(s) that represent the year.  Our first was “The Luckiest” by Ben Folds - maybe because we were blasted lucky to survive our first year of marriage.  I’m still crazy proud of the second year’s selections - “The Adventure” by Angels and Airways and “Here Comes The Sun” by the Beatles - so apt, what with moving to Brasil and giving birth to our sunshine girl there.  Dang that was an awesome selection.  Then the next year, I found one of Husband’s favorite Brasilian ska tunes, “Te Ver” by Skank.  I’m such a good wife.  Then last year was such a happy-go-lucky year, “My Best Friend” by Weezer was a upbeat pick. 


Now this year I’m kind of in a quandry.  It was another insane year like year 2, what with the pregnant and then laid off and then selling our house and moving and giving birth and all that…  what song fits?  Or more than one?  Husband suggested Funky Town, since we’d rather be anywhere but here (did I mention we hate winter?).


Internets, do you have any ideas?

No comments:

HEAR YE. I need to document the fact that I ran 3 miles and didn't feel like death.  So just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I did...